- Care Services
CareSouth Carolina’s Family Support Services and Community Outreach Team is ready to assist in helping with Medicaid re-enrollment.
Medicaid is restarting Eligibility reviews, and this means that those who are eligible need to ensure their information is up-to-date to not risk a gap in Medicaid or CHIP coverage.
Please call 866-498-0399 and a CareSouth Carolina representative will be happy to help you.
Attention Chesterfield County Residents Affected by Hurricane Florence!
Gov. Henry McMaster to Host Chesterfield Team South Carolina Day
State and Federal Officials, Non-Profits will Offer Residents Disaster Relief Assistance
Governor Henry McMaster will visit Cheraw on Thursday, October 4, for Chesterfield Team South Carolina Day – a relief event that will serve as a one-stop for Chesterfield County residents who have been affected by Hurricane Florence.
WHO: Gov. Henry McMaster, officials from state and federal agencies, and non-profit organizations
WHAT: Chesterfield Team South Carolina Day
WHEN: Thursday, October 4 from 9 AM to 3 PM (Note: Gov. McMaster will arrive at 1:00 PM)
WHERE: Free Worship, 915 Chesterfield Highway, Cheraw, S.C.
The Chesterfield Team South Carolina event will be one of many that the governor will hold with state and federal agencies and non-profit organizations in areas affected by Hurricane Florence that will assist residents and businesses learn about resources available to them throughout the recovery process.
Team South Carolina events will include representation from the following agencies:
• S.C. Department of Insurance – Assistance with insurance questions, claims, and policy coverage
• S.C. Department of Health and Human Services – Assistance with questions about healthcare services and Medicaid
• S.C. Department of Social Services – Apply for SNAP assistance
• S.C. Emergency Management Division – Coordinating individual disaster assistance with FEMA and will provide information for residents about personal recovery steps. SCEMD will also provide emergency preparedness guides and demonstrate the SC Emergency Manager mobile app.
• S.C. Lieutenant Governor’s Office on Aging – Assistance for seniors
• S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control – Will provide free well water test kits; free tetanus shots; WIC services
• S.C. Department of Revenue – Tax relief information
• S.C. Division of Veterans Affairs – Services for veterans
• S.C. Housing Authority – Mortgage or rent assistance, rental housing
• S.C. Department of Mental Health – Information about mental health services
• S.C. Department of Disabilities and Special Needs – Services for individuals with disabilities
• FEMA – Assistance with registering for financial assistance related to the storm
• US Small Business Administration – Assistance with applying for disaster loans
• US Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency – Assistance for farmers with crop losses or damage
• S.C. Disaster Recovery Office – Disaster case managers will assist eligible citizens with disaster-caused unmet needs through a basic intake process
• SBP – Will teach homeowners how to safely and properly muck and gut along with safe and effective mold remediation steps
• United Way – Will help residents register to volunteer in the community
• Several organizations will be providing donated goods for the event, including: Harvest Hope, American Red Cross, UMCOR, FreeWorship Church, Southeastern Medical International, and Catholic Charities
Dates and times for later Team South Carolina Days will be announced soon.