Responsible for greeting patients, answering the telephone, entering and updating patient demographic information, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance, and providing quality customer service to patients.
- Patient relationships: interacts with patients and employees in a respectful manner consistent with the mission and values of CareSouth Carolina. Measure(s): patient loyalty.
- Reception and Greeting: Perform the reception and greeting of patients and other guests in a professional, respectful, and compassionate manner consistent with the mission and values of CareSouth Carolina. Measure(s): Patient loyalty
- Answering Phones: answer, route, take messages, and as necessary handle phone calls promptly and courteously in accordance with CareSouth Carolina procedures. Measure(s) Efficiency-Patient show rate
- Patient Registration: perform the patient registration process including collecting necessary patient payor information and patient demographics, and ensuring that the data is placed in ECW in a timely, accurate, and complete manner as well as printing the super bill consistent with existing CareSouth procedures. Measure(s) site collections per day, demographic sheet, completion reliability audit, sliding fee
- Appointment scheduling/rescheduling/recalls: scheduling, rescheduling and recall appointments for patients in accordance with existing CareSouth Carolina procedures. Measure(s): Access- third next available appointment, efficiency- patient show rate
- Daily deposit slip (cash): handling and managing cash for patient care services. This includes reconciliation processes consistent with existing CareSouth Carolina procedures. Measure(s): Occurrence reporting.
- Request medical records from the hospital or other medical facilities as needed
- Sorts and distributes faxes
- Picks up mail from the post office or mailbox and distributes it accordingly
- Makes deposits for medical and/or pharmacy at the bank
- Send medical records to centralized medical records in a timely manner
- Practices confidentiality with sensitive patient and employee information All documents in PowerDMS are signed off and completed in a timely manner
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required but a certificate as a medical office assistant is strongly preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of medical office experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of medical insurance is strongly preferred
- Experience collecting medical co-pays is strongly preferred
- EMR/EHR experience is strongly preferred
- Cash drawer balancing experience is strongly preferred
Monday-Friday, 40 Hours, Full Time
Hartsville, SC(Suite A)
CareSouth Carolina is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all. We seek to have a diverse, inclusive workforce and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status.