CareSouth Carolina Community Outreach
CareSouth Carolina takes its role in the community to heart. This is our home, and we understand that the health of any one person is inextricably linked to the health and well being of the community. We have a long-standing community development program that engages people in actions that improve personal health and the health of the communities where we live.
- Facilitate community input through focus groups, public forums and surveys – we listen to our friends and neighbors
- Research and compile needs and resource assessment data
- Develop and sustain partnerships and coalitions that, together, build a better, healthier community
- Facilitate the development and execution of community programs that improve the health of the community
- Develop the resources, monetary and in-kind, needed to do good in the community
- Perform outreach services that connect people in our communities with the services needed.
Our outreach team focuses on assisting individuals in the community navigate the health and social service system.
|Health Screenings||We sponsor and take part in free health screenings in local churches, businesses, community centers and a variety of other community locations.|
|Health Education||From basic nutrition and well-being to more specific topics like breast cancer and mental health, we provide health education and promotion for groups as well as individuals on a variety of topics.|
|Social Services||We provide one-on-one assistance with individuals in need of everything from signing up for an insurance plan like Medicaid to helping with obtaining electrical assistance, transportation and a variety of other services.|
|Medical Home||Need a doctor? Know someone that does? We can help navigate the system, follow-up and make sure that you receive the care that you need.|
Community Services Coordinator
You can also request our presence at a community event on-line.