One person dies every 48 seconds in the United States from heart disease.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in Americans. One in four deaths are caused by heart disease and it accounts for more than 640,000 deaths every year.
The good news? Heart disease is largely preventable and can be avoided by living a healthy lifestyle, managing proper nutrition and identifying problems before they start.
5 symptoms of heart disease…
- Chest discomfort or pain, which also can be known as “Angina”
- Shortness of breath
- Palpitations (irregular heartbeats)
- Weakness, dizziness or nausea
- Pain that spreads to the arm
5 ways to prevent heart disease…
- Control your blood pressure
- Eat a healthy diet
- Exercise regularly
- Limit alcohol, don’t smoke
- Manage stress
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms or want more information on how to prevent or treat heart disease, please talk to your primary care provider.